Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lets put a stop to Gap and Nike

Hello everyone! I am sure that you all have read my last few posts about child labour in Nike and Gap. It is a truly tragic story knowing that brand we look up to have the nerve to go into a third world country and take advantage of there children. It is extremly morally wrong and I am disgraced to own clothes made by these companies. I strongly encourage all of my followers and viewers to help me put a stop to this by not buying clothing made by Nike and Gap, and even protesting against them. Even if only a few of you are able to do this, ot can still make a difference.

In class a few days ago, our teacher read us "The Starfish Story". My dad has told me this story a few times before and I personally thought it was a little bit boring, but when I thought about the deeper meaning in class, it started to make sense. I thought that the meaning in The Starfish Story can strongly relate the the meaning that I am trying to portray today. That meaning is even though we might not be able to stop every company that has been accused of child labour, we can still help the kids. They are not able to help themselves and we can make a difference just in one persons life. It will be something that they will never forget. So please, help me in protesting against these awful people, and managers in their companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment